If you are a Referral Manager, you will receive email notifications for incoming referrals to your organization. The initial email notification will look like this:
Click Review Referral to be taken automatically to the Client Referral page if you're already signed in.
From here you can:
- View the Client's profile for more context by clicking on their name in blue on the left hand side
- Assign the referral to a team member by clicking Edit Assigned Team Members below the client’s name. The referral can be assigned to multiple team members, and if you, the Referral Manager, would like ongoing notifications on the referral, you must also assign the referral to yourself.
- Call or email the client for qualification, send over application information, or set up an appointment for intake
- Log a service detail on the referral
- Send a message or question to the sender in the Add Note section
Remember, pay particular attention to how the referral is labeled. If your referral is labeled In-Network, you agree to process this referral and provide status updates whether or not you can provide this service. If you are unable to provide the service, you are required to cancel the referral and provide cancellation context.
Referrals that are labeled In-Network - Preferred have specific commitments you’ll need to meet since your organization is contractually obligated to process these referrals, provide services, share updates, and report outcomes to the sender. Please reach out to your supervisor to learn about your obligations with Preferred referrals.